Lawyer since 1961
Notary from 1971 to 2002
- Corporate law
- Commercial law
- Inheritance law
- Trust law
Arnulf v. Keussler studied law at the universities of Frankfurt am Main, Berlin, Bonn and Würzburg. After completing his legal training, he worked for one and a half years for VDMA (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau e.V. – Registered Association for the German Mechanical and Construction Engineering) in Frankfurt am Main as an officer in the finance and tax department.
In 1961, Arnulf established the law firm Metzger, v. Keussler & Partners in Darmstadt where he was managing partner until 1995. He then joined the law firm Lindemann, v. Keussler & Partners as a senior partner. From 1971 until 2002, Arnulf was also appointed as a notary public. In 2003 he set up the small and highly specialised law firm of v. KEUSSLER – Rechtsanwälte, following the proposition of his two younger partners.
Arnulf has always been very interested in matters of commercial law, especially corporate law. He has specific expertise and experience in resolving legal issues between partners in companies that are jointly owned by two partners – including legal disputes taken up to Federal Court level – and has advised and represented well known entrepreneurs in the southern part of Hesse on such matters. In recent years, his practice included matters of inheritance and foundation law as well as the execution of wills. He is recommended as an inheritance lawyer in one of the FOCUS list of lawyers. For many years now, he is involved in enforcing the rights of German beneficiaries in respect of significant estates against Swiss trustees, who acted in breach of trust. After the extinction of the dynasty of the grand duke of Hesse-Darmstadt, he enforced and still enforces pecuniary and tangible legacies, salaries of former employees of the estate administration of the Grand Duke, rights of use – e.g. the Riding Club of Darmstadt in respect of the Kranichstein estate, the presentation of art collections in the former residence for the public – e.g. the town of Darmstadt in respect of the Holbein-Madonna, against executioners of wills, the beneficiaries of Prince Ludwig of Hesse and Rhine as well as the foundation associated with the house of the landgrave Hesse-Kassel.
Arnulf has been a member of the management committee of the board of trustees of the German Academy for Language and Poetry (registered association) for decades. He has represented and still represents the academy in legal matters. He is also a member of the management council of the Association of the Friends of the Technical University Darmstadt (registered association). He is appointed as a member of the executive committee of the German Non-Profit Foundation for Language and Literature, where he was also involved in the foundation process in 2008.
- DAV (DeutscherAnwaltsVerein – Association of German Lawyers)
- DAV – Working Group International Legal Relations
- DAV – Working Group Inheritance Law
- DAV – Working Group Family Law
- German Section of the International Commission of Lawyers (register association)
- DACH European Lawyers Association (registered association)
- German Association for Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright Law (registered association)
- Economic Confraternity (registered association), Protestant Working Group for business ethics and social implementation in Stuttgart
- Rotary Club Darmstadt (since 1965)
- Städelscher Museum Foundation (registered association) in Frankfurt/Main
- Variety of other art and promotion institutions in Darmstadt