Lawyer since 1995
- Corporate law
- M&A, Divestitures and Restructurings
- National and International Trade Law, in particular in sales and distribution as well as research and development
- IT Law and new media
- Drafting and Negotiating of Commercial Contracts
Johann G. v. Keussler studied in Mainz (Germany), Dijon (France) and Passau (Germany). He worked at the Institute for European and International Law of Professor Dr Michael Schweitzer at the University of Passau. Subsequently, he obtained an LL.M. (Master of Laws) in International Business Transactions at King’s College, London.
He trained with a law firm with specialisation in European Law in Brussels. He then joined Pünder, Volhard, Weber & Axster (now Clifford Chance), working in M&A and Corporate. During this time, he was inter alia seconded to the legal department of Hoechst AG, at that time one of the largest pharmaceutical and chemical companies in Germany. He was involved in the divestitures of the chemical activities of Hoechst as part of the company’s restructuring programme to become a Life Science Group. In 2000, he became a partner in a medium size, regional law firm in Darmstadt. In 2003, he set up the law firm of v. KEUSSLER – Rechtsanwälte, together with Arnulf v. Keussler and Nils Schmiedeknecht.
He has considerable expertise in advising companies, in particular in the chemical and bio-technology sector, on a regular and broad basis on national and international trade and corporate law aspects and on M&A transactions. He represents several companies located in the Industrial Park Höchst, including Bayer.
English and French
- German Section of the International Lawyers Committee (registered society)
- DAV (DeutscherAnwaltsVerein – Association of German Lawyers)
- LL.M. Society of the University of London
- Rotary Club Darmstadt-Bergstraße